Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

We had such a fun Christmas week. Unfortunately, both girls were sick with pretty bad colds the whole week so you'll notice all the stuffy noses and teary eyes in all the pictures! They always get sick right when you have fun stuff planned =)

Our Christmas started with a fun time with my extended family in Dallas. My cousin Denise had everyone over for a great dinner and a fun time with the family. The girls had a blast with all their cousins.

Then my parents came for Christmas Eve day. We played the whole day with them and then opened presents. The girls were in heaven with all the new toys! My parents stayed into the evening and attended the Christmas Eve service with us as well. I was thankful they went to service with me! The girls were sick so I couldn't put them in the nursery and needed some extra hands to keep them attentive during the entire service! Some of my fondest memories growing up are with my family on Christmas Eve so it was blessing to be able to spend this Christmas Eve with my parents.

We woke up Christmas morning and opened all the gifts from Santa!


After Santa gifts were done, we jumped into the car and drove to Brent's family's home in Oklahoma.


We ate Christmas lunch with his mom's side of the family. The girls also got to open presents from Nana and Pappa (their third present opening! They were in heaven!)



After the girls woke up from naps, we drove over to Brent's dad's house to eat dinner and enjoy the evening with his dad's side of the family. Elliana decided she loved her cousin Aislin and was very "affectionate" towards her. Thanks Brent and Rachel for not caring when my kid kept knocking your over as she attempted to get hugs!

All day Friday was spent at his dad's(Gramps and Grammy's) house enjoying our new Wii's and letting the girls get to know their grandparents, aunts and uncles. It was a blast. By the end of the night, Avery was really sick though so I spent the evening rocking her in a chair trying to help the fluid drain from her ear.


Then we spent the day Saturday with Nana and Pappa relaxing. We drove home Saturday night with two exhausted but very happy sick little girls.





You can't beat a Christmas surrounded by family. Thanks for a great Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Ben Robie said...

Brent...seriously...getting beat again?