Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Spiritual Journey

Completely forgot that it was Tuesday and time to write this today! The 3 day weekend got me all confused! So in the 5 minutes I have before Justus needs to eat, I'll quickly recap my last week.

I am loving working on holding my tongue. Its hard, but worth it. I have felt calmness sweep over our house as I have worked on being gentle with my kids. The Lord is good to sustain me even when I am so tired I can't see straight. Most days I feel like I'm running a 24 hour daycare and long for a break where someone doesn't need something from me, but yet God is faithful to point out His blessings throughout the day which forces my mind to continue to meditate on His word.

All that to say, I guess my journey this week is still working on gentleness towards others while realizing the blessings I have in life. Here are a few I've noticed this week:

  • 3 healthy kids...I don't spend my life in a doctor's office or a hospital trying to get my kids well
  • A husband I adore and who adores me.
  • A house that does not need any major projects done. I don't think I could handle any more time consuming projects =)
  • Great friends who pray for me and encourage me through life
  • A wonderful mom who listens to me even when I don't make sense
  • Amazing sisters who I get to see in a month!!!!
  • 3 day weekends
  • Random hugs and tickles from my kiddos
  • And there's not a better feeling than after you tuck the two girls in and they look at you with sleepy eyes and say, "I love you so much mom." Who could ask for a better life than that?!!
I'm coming out of the fog of having a baby so hopefully I'll start reading again soon. Anyone have any good suggestions on some books about meditation or prayer?

No comments: