Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Spiritual Journey

My Spiritual Journey is getting posted a little bit late this Tuesday. The day has been eventful but one that has again pointed me towards the joy that is found in Christ.

Practicing Praying without a Solution in Mind
Currently, the Lord continues to open my eyes to things He is doing in and around me. Little prayers he's answered in ways I would have never imagined, little circumstances He's worked out, pain He's taken away, sleep He's given to me, good behavior out of my children, and the list could go on and on.

Then today I started having abdominal pain and then some bleeding. I watched it for a few hours and then my hubby very strongly encouraged me to call the doctor which turned into an afternoon at the hospital.


Thankfulness in the Midst of ALL Circumstances

The whole way to the hospital, all I could think about was how thankful I was that the Lord was in control. There was a joy that He had kept me from activities earlier this morning and yesterday. He had protected me from myself and the guilt that I would have felt during the drive if things had gone my way earlier in the day.

All that to say, living life practicing the presence of the Lord and truly learning to see the joy of the Lord in all circumstances makes life a whole lot more fulfilling. The baby is fine and the bleeding has stopped, but I treasure the opportunity that the Lord gave me today to practice my trust and faith in His unfailing love. Praise the Lord for the journey he has me on!

My Prayer of Thanksgiving Tonight:
I'm thankful the Lord reigns and I do not. I'm thankful He is the Lord of ALL the earth. I'm thankful His glory is seen by ALL the earth. I'm thankful He puts to shame any worthless idols that I attempt to worship. I'm thankful He sows joy in the heart of believers. I'm thankful I can always rejoice in His Holy name for he is unchanging and is faithful forever. I'm thankful I can praise His great and Holy name. I'm thankful He is exalted. I'm thankful that I am His and He is the one who made me. I'm thankful that He is good and His love endures forever.

And the journey continues....

1 comment:

Jen McManus said...

Praise God for answered prayers today!! Thank you for being so honest! It is an encouragement to all who read your posts to see your unwavering faith. Personally as God as done some deep down heart work in my life the last couple of years it has been your encouraging words and wisdom that has helped keep me on my knees and my heart soft. Thanks again for your posts!!