Sunday, October 05, 2008

Weekend Away

For the last few weeks, God has been drawing my heart towards pursing various spiritual disciplines. God has been taking Brent on the same journey, and so we started studying Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster with our Team (Bible study). Then, Monday evening, Brent came home from work saying, "do you want to go to a Renovare conference in Houston this weekend?" Renovare was started by Richard Foster and focuses on the spiritual disciplines.

First reaction: ABSOLUTELY!

Second reaction: My parents were just here. I know they're tired and need a weekend to relax. I'm not going to be able to go. I'll have to stay here with the kids.

However, my parents did come. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. And Brent and I were able to go to Houston and experience this incredible conference that both challenged us and encouraged us. Over the next few weeks, I'll be blogging about what God revealed to me and is teaching me. Be sure to come back and check it all out =)

No comments: