Tuesday, September 01, 2009

My Spiritual Journey

From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another.
John 1:16

Disappointment. Definitely been battling disappointment lately. Shattered dreams, canceled getaways, squashed plans...

I don't say this to evoke pity. Life happens. I write this to explain my battle. My battle with FEELING what I KNOW is true. After so many disappointments, its impossible to feel "one blessing after another." But its still TRUTH.

So this week, actually its been a few weeks, but especially this week, I'm moment by moment reminding myself of the TRUTH of eternity and not allowing myself to live in the disappointment of temporary circumstances.

Yes, mediating on John 1:16 has been good for me. God has been more than good to me.

No comments: