Monday, September 14, 2009

North or Be Eaten


Our family's favorite kid CD is Slugs, Bugs and Lullabies.

We all enjoy this CD by Andrew Peterson so much that I decided to get on his website to see what else I could buy of his. I was so excited when I discovered that in addition to writing music, he also writes fiction! He is such an incredible word smith that when I was asked if I would review his latest book, I knew that if his fiction was as clever as his CDs, I was going to be hooked!


His latest novel is the 2nd book in the Wingfeather Saga. Here is a short synopsis of the novel.

Janner, Tink, and Leeli Igiby thought they were normal children with normal lives and a normal past. But now they know they’re really the Lost Jewels of Anniera, heirs to a legendary kingdom across the sea, and suddenly everyone wants to kill them.

Their escape brings readers to the very brink of Fingap Falls, over the Stony Mountains, and across the Ice Prairies, while villains galore try to stop the Igibys permanently. Fearsome toothy cows and horned hounds return, along with new dangers: a mad man running a fork factory, a den of rockroaches, and majestic talking sea dragons.

Normally, I don't gravitate towards fantasy. But this book I couldn't put down. There's fantasy elements mixed with drama mixed with action/adventure all put into one. This whole series will definitely capture the attention of any age kid or adult. If you are looking for a good novel to read aloud to your family or just looking for a book to hide away in for a couple days, I would highly recommend this novel.

You can order this novel for $12 or you can order both book 1 and 2 for $20 by clicking here.

I hope you get a chance to sit down and read this series. I'm definitely going to be one of the first in line to buy book three when it comes out!



(sidenote: I do not earn anything from the sale of this book. I just simply enjoyed it so much that I wanted to pass on the info to all of you)










No comments: