Tuesday, September 08, 2009

My Spiritual Journey

The scepter of your kingdom is a scepter of uprightness;
you have loved righteousness and hated wickedness.
Therefore God, your God, has anointed you
with the oil of gladness beyond your companions;
Psalm 45:6-7

Lots of things I'm praying for this week. Lots of things that are heavy on my heart. Friends are moving, mentors for all the women who need mentors, my kids, my husband,... But as I trust God and keep walking, my prayer is Psalm 45. To approach this week with gladness, the gladness that God is more than able to give.

If you see me this week, ask if I've been living as if I've been anointed with the oil of gladness. I think I might need the accountability =)


Goals for this week:
  • Get up by 5:50am to spend time in the word (I'm slowly getting back to the 5:30 wake up time)
  • Finish reading Meditation by Jim Downing
  • Get back to consistently spending time in prayer in the afternoon once everyone is down for a nap. I think this is crucial for me to be able to continue to leave everything at our Father's feet so that I can walk in trust, gladness, and thankfulness throughout my week.

No comments: