Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Spiritual Journey

Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth

I Corinthians 5:7-8

Repentance, spiritual growth, testing, spiritual growth, conviction, repentance, spiritual growth.....

This seems to be the cycle in my life so far. The Lord brings me to a point of conviction and repentance. Immediately afterwards, I begin to walk through a season of intense spiritual growth. This growth usually results in some circumstance where what I am learning begins to get tested. The testing results in more spiritual assurance and growth. But the closer I get to the Lord, the more my eyes are opened to my own sinfulness...and the cycle continues.

Its a good cycle. Its a cycle of sanctification, becoming more like Christ. Becoming more like Christ is so desirable; the path to get there is just sometimes not as attractive.

I think the past 2 months have been one where I'm walking through the testing cycle. Its been tough at times, but I'm beginning to see the growth as Christ continues to draw me to himself. I love being drawn closer to Him.

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing
James 1:2-3


2 comments:

Hannah Carrigan said...

Mrs. Minter,
I love the way you put words and scriptures to that. It helps me understand a lot in my own life. Thanks for always being so open! -Hannah

Scatter Sunshine said...

I think it's neat to think about how your Spiritual Journey posts have changed over the last year, in some ways reflecting your journey and where you are. Maybe it has to do with external factors too (ummm, having a new baby for one! *smile*), but it also seems to be a reflection of your growth and change. Thank you for continuing to post your journey. It's inspiring and always gives me something to think about.

And I also enjoy reading posts about your sweet family! Your girls crack me up!
Angela