Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Spiritual Journey

Continuous Prayer. That's been my journey this week. The Lord has been stretching my prayer life and habits. This year I've been working on praying with no solution in mind and pouring out my heart to Christ, but this last week, God decided to teach me about intercessory prayer...continuous intercessory prayer.

A good friend had her baby early. The baby was placed in the NICU and my friend eventually was discharged from the hospital only to make the long drive home without a baby in the back seat. From the minute I heard she was in labor until last night, I have not been able to sleep. The Lord placed such a heavy burden on my heart that all I could do was lay in bed and pray. I prayed with my girls during the day. I prayed while I washed dishes. I prayed all day and all night for that little girl and for my friend as she waited patiently for God to strengthen her daughter so she could bring her home. The baby came home on Monday night and suddenly I felt a release from my call to prayer.

Some good friends of Brent and I's have been going through some difficult working situations and needed to find clarification and a new job assignment. For the past 2 months, they have been continually in my prayers. Everytime I have sat down to nurse Justus, every time I hear him cry in the middle of the night, every time I go to put him to sleep, I think of this family and the decisions they are making and begin lifting them in prayer.

I've never felt this deep call for intercessary prayer before. I've never felt this emotional pull to pray without ceasing for something that does not involve my own personal life. Pray for others...of course. Feeling a call to continually pray and not to sleep until I pray for others has been a whole new thing.

Intercessory Prayer. I love it. Praise God he keeps revealing to me how deep my prayer life can become if I will allow it!

2 comments:

mommykoo said...

Love your blog! =)

Kari said...

Thanks. I love yours. I checked it out yesterday. You're a great writer!