Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Spiritual Journey

More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
Romans 5:3-5


Last week I wrote about wounds. This week I'm writing about the blessings of the wounds.


See last week I would have told you about certain areas of my life that needed to be refined. Areas that were clearly evident to me as I observed my day. I would have laid out my spiritual journey for you completely differently if the wounds had not occurred.


This week my journey took a completely different turn that what I expected. I have seen completely different areas that need to be refined. Wounds do that. They pull back the scales from your eyes and reveal sin. Not the type of sin that you try to hide from yourself or other people. The type of sin that you don't even know exists until God chooses to reveal it to you.

Yes, wounds are good. Wounds are refining. Wounds prove that God is alive and active and cares enough about you to keep working on you.Goals from last week:
  • I lost the book Life With God! I've started reading Prayer again in preparation for a session I'm teaching over prayer. I know the other book is in the house somewhere! I'll keep looking this week =)
  • I've failed on the TV thing this week too. So You Think You Can Dance is my downfall!
  • Still reading Psalms at night and working on meditating. I have really enjoyed working on the discipline of meditation. I'm not good at it yet, but its a fun journey!
Goals for this week:
  • No TV except for So You Think You Can Dance. For the kids of course. The girls look forward to watching it during our Girls' Night =)
  • Find and continue reading Life With God.
  • Review Meditation
  • Start memorizing scripture again.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

so you think you can dance is MY downfall too :0 (and Ben's, but he'd never admit it).
Thanks for being gut level honest in all aspects of your spiritual journey. It is SO encouraging to read your blogs :) love and miss you!