Thursday, August 27, 2009

Memorable Moments

Dinner last night
Avery: "My tummy said its not hungry. Can I just put my plate in the fridge?"
Me: "That's fine." (Important to note that she was eating spaghetti!)

45 minutes later I was nursing Justus on the couch when I hear a clunk in the kitchen. This clunk was followed by Elliana running into the family room to see me. Suddenly I notice RED footprints on our WHITE carpet.
I guess Avery had pulled her plate out of the fridge and put it on the ground in the kitchen only to have Elliana run through the kitchen and step in the spaghetti. Still trying to figure out why she put the plate on the floor. I guess it made perfect sense to her 3 yr old brain.

Needless to say, I did not demonstrate Christlike behavior when I saw the sauce on my carpet!

Fast forward to this morning...
I read Avery a verse from I Thes. 5 and then explained what it meant and how mommy needed to apologize for last night. I was all prepared to have this big teachable moment with Avery. She interrupted and said...

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Now that you've learned all that stuff can we just go play?"


I guess the moment was way more meaningful to me than it was to her =)

No comments: