Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Spiritual Journey

Today's entry will be short and sweet...I think I have about 5 minutes before a kid starts crying again =)

One word that describes my past week would be...failure. Here are my two excuses:

  • Quiet times while 3 kids three and under are awake are not very effective for me. I am too busy watching the kids to ever truly focus on Christ. Quiet times became something to get through instead of meeting with my Savior to allow Him to get me through the day.

  • Justus went through a growth spurt last week and was up every 2 hours to eat. Because of his acid reflux and needing to stay upright after eating, it usually takes an hour to an hour and a half to get through a feeding at night so I was getting about 30 min. of sleep at a time. Praise the Lord for weekends when I can pass him off to Brent in the middle of the night!!!

Both of those combined have meant I have spent very little quality time before our Father this past week. I was sitting in church Sunday morning complaining to God about how I desire time but there just seems to be none or when there is time, I'm too tired and just want to sleep. Suddenly all those excuses I was ready to lay out before the Lord stared me straight in the face, and I realized I was making a choice. I could let the excuses, even though they were good ones, consume my life and keep me stagnate in my walk with the Lord. Or I could trust that the Lord was sufficient and make a plan to meet with Him REGARDLESS of the circumstances that happen during the night or day. I choose the 2nd option.

So here's the plan:

I will set my alarm at 6:30am every morning. I wake Justus up and start his day at 7am and the girls get up around then, so this will give me at least 30 min. of quiet to spend with the Lord before the day starts. Once Justus goes to waking up just once instead of twice, I will get up earlier, but I think for now, 30 min. is a manageable goal for me.

Man this whole 3 kids three and under is more of a circus than I imagined =) I think spending the beginning of my day with the Lord is going to make me a much better mother during the day though! I'll keep you posted =)

No comments: