Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Spiritual Journey

"We are too often occupied with outward things, and as a result we often become very hard of hearing spiritually"

This is my quote for the week. Its my reminder to not get so caught up in little things of life that I miss what's important.

What that means:

I don't need to focus so much on my life, my schedule, my lack of sleep, that I miss what God is doing in our family and those who surround us. God is continually using my circumstances to refine me, teach me, and glorify Himself. I want to always be aware of His presence, what He is saying to me, and what He is doing in the world around me.

How I Did On Last Week's Goal:

I was in the word almost every day. I missed Sunday and learned a valuable lesson...don't try to spend quality time in the word while letting a one year old and a 3 year old sit on your lap. They were both running fevers so I thought they would just sit quietly and cuddle while I read. My mistake =)

Next Week's Goal:

  • Continue daily quality time in the word
  • Start memorizing Matthew 5 again. I've taken a break from memorizing since Justus was born and I'm ready to get back into it.

No comments: