Here are a few reasons why I'm grateful my mom was stranded in Texas for a few extra weeks!
1. This week, Brent had to work until 10 or 11pm 3 nights in a row. Without Grandma here, the kids would not have gotten baths, probably would have gotten a miserable dinner, and may have still been up waiting for me to get them to bed when Brent walked in the door =) Plus, 3 days and nights in a row by myself with a 2 week old, a 23 month old, and a 3 year old may have pushed me over the edge!!
2. We had doctor's appointments on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday of this past week. Grandma was able to stay home with at least one of the kids each time so I didn't have to lug all 3 of them to every doctor's appointment!
3. Those nights when I was up all night with Justus and just couldn't stand to hold him for one more second, Grandma was there to step in and take over so I could shower. Sorry Brent. Without Grandma around, I may not get that shower for awhile. Elliana likes to "tickle" Justus too much when I'm not watching! =)4. I have a bachelorette party Tuesday night, a wedding rehearsal on Thursday, Justus' kidney test on Friday, and a wedding Friday night. The girls can't go to any of those with us so it would have been a week full of babysitters if Grandma wasn't around!
5. I made it to church ON TIME the past two weeks.
6. She's done many grocery runs, snack runs, and dinner runs so that there is always food to eat. My girls aren't going to know what hit them once she leaves and the pantry is bare again!
7. Finally, I just love her to death. I'm so glad she got stranded here! Thanks for living with us and putting up with us for a few weeks mom. We're going to miss you!!!