Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mother's Day


Mother's Day was bittersweet this year. I took the girls to Texarkana to my parent's house on Mother's Day. We ate a wonderful brunch with my parents and then I had to say good bye to the girls for a week. Brent and I were going on a cruise and the girls were staying with my parents. As I'm getting ready to say good bye, I realize that I've never been away from Elliana before and only been away from Avery for 1 night when she was 8 months old! Needless to say, I was a mess. As I was sobbing and saying goodbye, Avery crawled into my lap and said, "Its okay to be sad mommy, but try not to cry on the boat. Have fun with daddy." Talk about role reversal! So with my 2 year old cheering me on, I said good bye to my babies and drove home. On one hand it was difficult to leave them, but on the other hand it is so fun to watch them grow up and form relationships with their grandparents. This is definitely a mother's day I won't forget.

No comments: