Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Avery's Bible


Avery's favorite book right now is her Bible. She "reads" it all the time. A few weeks ago, Elliana spilled some water on the table and a little bit got on Avery's Bible and she said with her arms on her hips, "Oh no. My Bible. I read it every morning!"(those of you who know her well, imagine her high squeaky whiny voice at this point) Pretty cute. We love that she loves reading her Bible, except maybe after the 100th time she asks me to read it to her in one day =)
Tonight after I finished reading a few stories to her from the Bible, I left the room to get her some milk. When I came back, she was reading to herself, and this is how her version of the Bible read. "Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum, the giant can't come to my birthday party. Go back to school giant." So maybe the salvation message hasn't penetrated her mind yet, but at least she has the habit of reading the Bible every day =) Oh, and tonight as we were praying, here was Avery's prayer. "Dear Jesus, be with Goldilocks and help the bears be nice to her. Amen." Don't you love kids?!!!

No comments: