The one thing that has been evident in everything that I've been learning is the fact the God is living and active and working in me and all around me. Not that I would have ever denied that fact, but God has been opening my eyes and my mind to be constantly aware of God's hand and the fact that He is working. Its a lot more fun to walk through difficult situations when your eyes are keenly watching for God's hand among all circumstances. I truly believe that has been God's gift to me the past few weeks...the ability to constantly be aware of His presence and his purpose in all things so that life does not have the ability to get me down, but rather encourages me and spurs me on.
Why the verse at the top? The past few weeks, I've just been keenly aware of God's working in my heart. He has been cleansing me and removing some stuff but at the same time satisfying me and speaking to me. The more I am aware of Him on a continual minute by minute basis, the more dependent I become on the Holy Spirit working in my life. This verse speaks to me about how active God is and reminds me to be thankful that we don't serve a passive God, but an active God who is continually speaking to us and drawing us unto Himself.
Hope the ramblings make sense =) Brent is gone for the week, so this week my goals are a bit smaller. I'm not a good single mom!
Goals from last week:
- I'm still reading Life With God. Great food for thought!
- I'm finish with Isaiah and am now reading Ezekiel. What a great book to teach me how all things, even destruction, has a purpose in God's kingdom.
- Continue reading and meditating on Ezekiel.
- Memorize Ezekiel 36:25-26
- Have morning devotions with the kids over breakfast. With Brent not here in the evenings, I know the devotions won't happen at night unless I start doing them in the morning.